Dear Fellow Cigar Smoker & Friends,
On April 26, 2010, December 20, 2010, July 7, 2011, February 13, 2012 the U.S. Food & Drug Administration publicly posted their intent to regulate cigars in the Federal Register. Once again we find ourselves in the myths of the FDA attempting to regulate “Premium Cigars.”
This year we have the opportunity to let our California Delegation know that we need their support on H.R. 792; this bill simply identifies and differentiates Premium Cigars from Machine Made Cigars and asks our Representatives to exempt Premium Cigars from further FDA regulations.
I ask you to visit Cigar Rights of America, (CRA’s) web site at http://www.cigarrights.org/main.php they have a “Take Action” page, which is the first thing you see when you go to their site. It will prompt you for some basic self information and the site will generate an email letter to your appropriate Congressional Representative asking them to support this action. I urge you to join me to once and for all stop the threat that FDA regulations on Premium Cigars, which include:
• Ban on walk-in humidors, self serve cigar displays, and mail-order cigar sales;
• Ban on all flavored cigars, that are enjoyed by legal-age adults;
• Deface ornate, decorative cigar boxes, often considered an art form with grotesque images;
• Ban on cigar events where free cigars (samples) could be available to legal-age adults;
• Limits on cigar marketing and advertising;
• Imposition of new ‘user fees’ [tax] on cigars, to finance regulations;
• Limits on special release and small-batch cigars, due to mandates that cigar blends be submitted to FDA for pre-approval before release;
• Limits on nicotine levels on cigars to near zero, severely impacting the flavor of cigars;
• Ban on marketing cigar merchandise.
FOOD, SPIRITS & CIGARS
Some of you may still remember the wonderful time we had at Morel’s at the Grove a few years back when we partnered up with them for some exotic meals, spirits and cigars. Well we are working on a special event that will rock our corner of the world; a separate email invite will be sent out with a fantastic opportunity to participate in a food, spirits, & cigar pairings. Stay tuned for the email invite within the next few weeks.
DAY LIGHT SAVINGS TIME
As most of you know Daylight Savings Time, DST begins on Sunday March 10 at 2:00 AM, so set your clocks forward one hour, before you head to bed. Look at it this way, even though we lose an hour of sleep we gain an additional hour to smoke Cigars!
ROLLER & SMOKE N’ STICKS CIGAR
Smoke N’ Sticks House Cigars are always available in the shop, and for that special event you have planned ask me about having our Roller come roll cigars for you!
Also a reminder that Monday’s we have that great Smoke N’ Sticks deal buy 5 get 2 free.
SOMETHING SPECIAL …… JUST FOR YOU
As always, to show our appreciation for your continued patronage and support, please visit the coupon page on our website at http://www.smokensticks.com/coupons/coupon.htm for your March discount coupon. Just print out the coupon (one per person, per month) and bring it in before the end of March, we’ll give you $10.00 off on your purchase of $25.00 or more (this coupon cannot be combined with any other offering or can it be redeemed during special events). Also on facebook – All the best!! – Vince